Answer by Tayfun Ozturkmen:
- Search box > Enter a VC firm you'd like to work for eg "Andreessen Horowitz", "Sequoia Capital" etc
- Navigate to the company's LinkedIn page
- Click see all connections
- Look at the "past company", "school" and "industry" filters on the left – they help you understand what kind of professional backgrounds the people in the firm have
- Check out a few of the Associate's profiles
- Apply your own judgement to evaluate how compatible you are with each particular firm and where your gaps are
However hard it is going to be for you to close any of those gaps you found is how hard it is.